The Mediation Education Class is required for all divorcing parties and parties in custody cases in the Sixth Judicial District.
NOTE: If one or more minor children are involved, parents are required to take the Parenting Class. The Parenting Class includes the Mediation Education Class. Click here to learn more.
- Who is required to attend: Both parties are required to attend this class before going to mediation.
- Do you need to attend class together? No.
- What the class is for: To help you prepare for mediation.
- How long does it take: One half hour
- When the class must be completed: Before mediation and within 45 days of the date the petition was filed.
The Mediation Education Class is available online.
Mediation Education Class - Online
- When: At your convenience.
- Cost: $20 per person paid online using a credit card. You will receive proof of payment via email.
- Financial aid: Not available for the online class.
- Before you begin: You will need
- a valid email address,
- access to a computer that has internet access and the ability to stream online video,
- a credit/debit card to securely pay the registration fee online.
- Proof of completion: Automatically emailed to the Clerk of Court in county where the case was filed. You can also print a copy of the certificate, if you choose.
- How to Register:
- Click this link: Register for Online Mediation Class.